Monday, July 5, 2010

A Question that I must ask, yet an answer I already know.

( A friend of mine started a blog recently. Strictly about his opinions, it is a pretty good blog dealing with serious issues. I mockingly told him the other day, that in case he continues writing only serious stuff, his blog may not have many followers. He didn't care, his logic being that he wrote just to express his opinion. Well, now that I have decided to write, It makes some sense. )

My sole purpose in starting this blog is to ask this one question. Yes , I could have asked it on Facebook or Twitter. I don't have a twitter account and I don't intend starting one. I have no interest in sharing what i do all the time. And I have a notion that most of my friends on facebook may ridicule me if i ask this question there. Lots of people might have discussed this. Lots of people should have discussed it. But I just want to know if anything has been done about it.

How are our politicians so rich? It makes me sick. I tend to support many of them over poor performance and corruption. But how are they so rich?

A prime example being the "Honorable 80 year old" CM of TN. (and any other CM of TN is no different) His movies weren't exactly blockbusters that could be the reason for his wealth. He didn't start an enterprise which made money for him. His Children, well they are using his political legacy; His grandchildren are all film producers (at least those whom i know), his nephews are billionaires and what his wives own nobody will know. Take the case of Sun TV. They got all contracts from the TN govt when the grand old man was in power. Exclusive footage of him getting dragged down his house would have helped lift the TRPs undoubtedly. It was a monopoly. The govt. just needed to pay more money than they might have paid in case there was a tender system. No wonder all political parties in TN have their own channels. By any chance they come to power, a windfall is awaiting them. Now Kalainger TV isn't the official channel of the state. Why were they chosen to broadcast the Tamil conference? The govt. of TN must have paid a lot of money to them to broadcast the conference for sure. No two ways about it. STEALING IN THE OPEN. I didn't bother finding out but, something in the back of my head tells me that the companies/company that constructed buildings, roads and other infrastructure for the World Tamil Conference have got to be related to the grand old man in some way or the other.

I can't take the trouble of filing a litigation regarding this. I just hope someone can. I just pray that someone will.


PS: This ain't a hate campaign. I still believe that there are a lot of good politicians out there. Neither is this targeted at MK. I just didn't know as much about any other politician.

8 comments:

  1. welcome AK,

    as usual a very safe, safe topic, no one's gonna disagree :D
    on a more serious note, multiplication of salaries by time leads to huge discrepancies for all politicians. It is obviously a proper business with proper earnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like us are good at talking and writing. When it comes to doing stuff, we suck. Anyway, good start to the blog. I hope you do something about the issue, sometime. Many would follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U still haven't left for Pune have you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ulti daa saake...... barry naan solla vendiyatha theliva sollitan...so repeat..... vaazhga...valarga....velga.... appo appo naanga padikkaraa maathiriyum write!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @poi : hmmm.. u are our inspiration :)
    @lsp : nah..
    @barry : you hit the bullseye .. though i dont think i ll be able to do anything about it... if there is widespread awareness and criticism , we might be able to see some change.
    @kow: my blog won't be a serious one like poi's.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice start...

    I guess producing a movie is one of the ways of bringing in money into the system.

    @all: Poi,BedB,AK,____
    a) Lord b) Shavum c) Avruthala

    makkal pls guess :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok da saake.....like u said u cant take the trouble to file a PIL against him....cuz lets face it...we are lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm... an unknown bloggers criticism..

    btw i blog at shonar.blogspot.com

    iFollow :)

    Cheers
    :)

    ReplyDelete